Phrag. Eumelia Arias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21st, yes. Although I think Cincinnati is the second weekend.

Rob
It is, but I don't think Bill is going.

Wow! Where did you get it?!
From littlefrog Rob.

That's awesome! Haven't seen a pale dorsal like that in kovachii hybrids before - what were the parents? ...
Maybe Rob knows -- the tag didn't give clonal names.

That's wonderful! I LOVE the white dorsal. It's taken the best from each parent. Wow!
When I saw that white dorsal, my heart skipped several beats and I really couldn't believe my luck! Still can't.

I confess that I purchased them, I didn't make the cross. I don't believe any of the tags came with clonal names for the parents. I've been presuming that they are all out of the same grex, but I suppose it could have been done a couple different ways.

I still have some left, but I don't know how many. Haven't had a chance to count them and I'm really thinking I want to bloom more of them out!

Dot, if it is anything like the one I bloomed, it will last for about three weeks. So it could make it to Ann Arbor.

...Dot, if it is anything like the one I bloomed, it will last for about three weeks. So it could make it to Ann Arbor.
We'll see. I took the photo the first day it was fully open, but now the petals are turning a bit, so the form isn't quite as good -- but there is another bud...

Rob, did yours keep it's awarded form, or did the petals curve?

Mine was awarded a couple weeks after opening. It didn't really change over that time, which surprised me. I only got one flower though, glad yours is going to have another one.

Can I borrow your picture for my talk this weekend?

Mine was awarded a couple weeks after opening. It didn't really change over that time, which surprised me. I only got one flower though, glad yours is going to have another one.

Can I borrow your picture for my talk this weekend?

Sure! Say "hi" to my AA friends!

I am so weak...

Alex Challis spoke at the MOS meeting this afternoon, and what do you think he had on the sales table???

Three or four of Rob's crosses, all in various stages of spike/bud.

I chose one in low spike, thinking it would weather the transition to my growing space better than a bud. We shall see!

It's a nice looking plant, very healthy.

I grow my schlimii (now sending up the third spike since I bought it last year) in Orchiata and with wet feet. Any reason this hybrid won't like the same conditions?

I'm very excited about this plant, but a little nervous, too. OrchidWiz doesn't have any cultural info on kovachii, and I feel a bit lost...

Which one did you get, Katherine?

I don't let my Phrags sit in water, but a lot of people do. Everyone's conditions are different.

Alex Challis spoke at the MOS meeting this afternoon, and what do you think he had on the sales table???

Three or four of Rob's crosses, all in various stages of spike/bud.

I'm very excited about this plant, but a little nervous, too. OrchidWiz doesn't have any cultural info on kovachii, and I feel a bit lost...

Just to be perfectly clear, I didn't make the crosses... So don't give me too much credit!

I've had good luck so far treating them like any other besseae/schlimii type hybrid. I've been growing them sitting in a bit of water. My system doesn't let me dump the water, but I do try to add enough water a couple times a week to keep the standing water pretty fresh. Low fertilizer.

Rob

Latest posts

Back