Phrag. Eric Young

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
Hee hee hee, I bloomed this. :D
(Forgive my silliness, but I'm still really new at this and it's a still a novelty (miracle?) for me to actually rebloom something :p).

IMG_2452.jpg

Nice one!! Soon you'll bloom your second, third.. and more and more of your babies :)

Nice bloom! I never stopped getting silly over a re-bloom! First or otherwise! :rollhappy: It's a thrill, for sure! Congratulations! :clap:

Me too! I just found a Phrag. Sunset Glow in spike - a single growth no less, and a Maxillaria tenuifolia in flower! Amazing the things that can be missed sometimes in a grow room!

Me too! I just found a Phrag. Sunset Glow in spike - a single growth no less, and a Maxillaria tenuifolia in flower! Amazing the things that can be missed sometimes in a grow room!

Hmmm, a lack of intimacy with one's plants!?
Good job Jo. Yay besseae hybrids!

Congrats Kevin! Looking forward to seeing a picture of your Sunset Glow; sounds like it should have nice colors. Way to go on the Max. Mine won't rebloom. Someone at our orchid society gets his to bloom by exposing them to quite cool temps in the fall. How do you grow yours??

Congrats Kevin! Looking forward to seeing a picture of your Sunset Glow; sounds like it should have nice colors. Way to go on the Max. Mine won't rebloom. Someone at our orchid society gets his to bloom by exposing them to quite cool temps in the fall. How do you grow yours??

In semi-hydro under a 1000w HPS bulb. My temps do get quite cool, but I didn't know this was needed for this plant. Minimun winter temps of 10C-14C. It's got quite a rambling habit, and most of the plant is growing out of the media! I just noticed some new roots, so I'll try and repot it.

Ya, 10 - 14C is about what he said. That's a lot cooler than the room I grow my orchids in gets. I'll have to move it next fall. Thanks for the info.

Joanne,

Totally relate to your feelings of reblooming. And definitely worth the effort! Very nice Phrag.

Latest posts

Back