Phrag caudatum from Orchid Zone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
I just received these two great looking in spike caudatum(s?) from the Orchid Zone:
tjCu51bl.jpg

Would it be correct to say that these should essentially be grown like a multifloral paph?

They have more available on ebay for a great price if anyone has been wanting one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251956720330

Very healthy looking. I bet the flowers will be excellent knowing OZ quality breeding. I think you are correct for your cultural guidance. May need a tad more water than a paph multi.

Smaller plants than what I would have expected. Can't wait to see how your blooms turn out.

Yeah, they were advertised as blooming on small plants which made them irresistible. I've always wanted one but was put off by their normally large size.

you should see how great OZ is shipping in-flower roths. i don't want to give it away but i was raelly impressed how much care went into the packing so the spike & flowers all stay flat...

Z8105 'Rapunzel' x Perfection'

My phrag caudatum 'perfection' was the donor pollen. I was there when the cross was made. Machan was also there and said in broken English that the clone would be gold medal in Japan. I asked him for a name suggestion. That is how perfection clonal name came to be. Seems like not that long ago. Then he was nice enough to help me pack my plants because I was cutting my flight home close. The pic of the clone is archived in slipper talk. These are vigorous plants. Bloomed fast.

My phrag caudatum 'perfection' was the donor pollen. I was there when the cross was made. Machan was also there and said in broken English that the clone would be gold medal in Japan. I asked him for a name suggestion. That is how perfection clonal name came to be. Seems like not that long ago. Then he was nice enough to help me pack my plants because I was cutting my flight home close. The pic of the clone is archived in slipper talk. These are vigorous plants. Bloomed fast.

Very cool! The spikes are growing fast and the first buds are starting to emerge from the bracts. Are there any tips for maximizing the petal length on caudatum (eg. keep it wet like a sandie?) other than making sure they have room to hang?

Very cool! The spikes are growing fast and the first buds are starting to emerge from the bracts. Are there any tips for maximizing the petal length on caudatum (eg. keep it wet like a sandie?) other than making sure they have room to hang?

Keep it wet and warm.

Back