Phrag April Fool 'Carly'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Container

Is the container something you bought and modified ? Or something you built ? Would you be willing to share your construction detailed information ?

Charlie

Is the container something you bought and modified ? Or something you built ? Would you be willing to share your construction detailed information ?

Charlie

I built them. The transparent material is cut from a sheet of material designed to be used to make sunroofs on decks. I bought it at a local lumber yard. The sheet is 2 feet by 8 feet. I cut it with a pair of tin snips. I rolled the cut piece into a cylinder and marked the end profile on a cedar fence board. Two pieces cut with a jig saw to become the top and bottom. A few drainage holes were drilled in them. I used them to pass a wire through the top to hang the set up from the wall. The sheet was attacked to the wood using three wood screw. Hardware cloth cut and attached with some wire through small holes drilled in sheet material. Added a piece of wire at the mid point to maintain the gap in the front. I made a couple of other ones using PVC pipe that I cut vertically with a jig saw, heated with a torch and opened to make a open vertical cylinder. They worked fine but I like the look of the transparent ones better.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Back