Photo use

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digital photos and the internet basically ended the stock photography business and certainly devalued photographs.

I would go further and say that digital technology in general has devalued content of any form - photography, video (especially now with 4K video becoming more affordable), written content, music… you name it. More and more "the property" of the internet is becoming communal. I don't have a problem with that.

The problem is a power issue, and in the end it is the sharks and the already powerful who win that game (nothing changes). So, as usual the ones who truly create things get the short end of the stick. The thing is, in the end you can mine creativity (or this one earth we live on) for just so long before there's not much left to mine.

If you don't want your pics to be used by others, just reduce the quality/size before uploading.

If the 'short end of the stick' means money retribution, I agree with you , Botany Boy. If one believes that creativity itself is the 'long end of the stick', those who create things are on the winning side.

Latest posts

Back