Philippinense X anitum first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaphLover

Reaction score
This is the first bloom for this plant I bought in March. Curious why it doesn't have the lovely curled petals. Bloom opened this week. Are petals still growing?
02c1b8ac0c5ea628d1d1259c24d68068.jpg
709d8333d803cfdb39bf4d096e9c7c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice blooming!! It would be cool if the pouch is anitum shaped!! The only downside of breeding with phillie is it bleaches the pouch, can you post a picture from the side please?

You can either delete the thread and repost in the correct forum; or, now that people have commented, it'd be a shame to lose their comments; so, somebody like Dot can move the thread for you. I didn't comment because I was hoping you'd have a chance to delete it and repost it before comments started piling up. However, now it'd be better for a moderator to move the thread, which will maintain it's integrity.

It is a really great flower. I can see both parents in it's "look". I'm not surprised at the lack of corkscrew shaped petals. Paph philippinense (as opposed to var. robellinii), does not have corkscrew petals and aductum/anitum definitely does not have curled petals. So, this is what I'd expect. It's a keeper!

Nice!! It carries the anitum shape, anitum and adductum like stonei, carry the cupped dorsel trait, my anitum hybrid does the same

Very nice lovely colours and shape I do like, anitum hybrids I use to have a few but they died along with my orginal collection.

Back