Phaleonopsis vendor inquiry

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
i am getting the fever for phal species..any vendors people recommend?..i just ordered two plants from Mid Pac orchids in Honolulu

Peter Lin of BigLeaf Orchids. He's a vendor here, has species but also very interesting novelty hybrids.

Norman's orchids has some interesting crosses,but I've heard their plants can be buggy. Never ordered from them myself but I browse often to see what's new. Another one is Al's Orchid Greenhouse. He does some of his own crosses. Hands down the winner for quality and unusual crosses is Big Leaf.

Thanh at Springwater Orchids always lists some cool Phal. species. I have been very happy with the Paph's I've received from him. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like his latest list.

someone in the northwest who has philippine species is asuka orchids. i've purchased a lot from her and they are always very good. you used to be able to get great unusual phal species from dowery orchids, but he is no longer in business. oak hill orchids traditionally has had many phal species seedlings at good prices. everyone has already mentioned bigleaf. norman's can have interesting ones; sometimes they do have some bugs and once I got an equestris alba that rotted the day after I got it (was told the owner had been sick and very busy so nobody was cross-checking orders), but was given free nice plant on the next order. andy's orchids doesn't list a lot of phals, but he can often have species that are in numbers too low to list, so call. orchids by hausermann has often had phal species, and orchidview often has phal species though they are usually known for phrags. al's orchid exchange often has interesting smaller species and his own primary hybrids, there are many more but I haven't been buying things for quite a while. tom in tennessee can't remember name (something mountain) has lots phal species. a number of other places will have phal species on their menu though they have lots of others, just have to look around with searches

Yeah, Dowery had some nice ones but no longer selling as far as I know. Orchidview actually is primarily a Phal vendor and got into Phrags afterwards. Orchids Limited has some nice species. Carrie at Orchidphile specializes in Phals. Good luck.

tom in tennessee can't remember name (something mountain) has lots phal species.

Tom Harper of Stones River Orchids. The best thing to do is call/email the previously mentioned vendors and let them know what you are looking for. Peter at Big Leaf is my go to guy, but plants from all these vendors seem to know my address...

Back