Phragmipedium Ouaisne ‘James’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateL

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We took this plant in for judging by the HOS (Honolulu Orchid Society) judges yesterday, and they gave it an AM. This is from a Chuck Acker flask a few years back. It is growing under shade cloth, open to the rain, in an area with good air flow. My phrags have a love/hate relationship with the rain. They mostly love it, but sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
It's absolutely stunning! I didn't buy any flasks from Chuck this year because I need to work on getting the collection to a more manageable size, but I was very close to ordering a flask of this hybrid from him anyway.

This plant and the flowers are gorgeous and now I really, really want one of those flasks again! Congrats on the award, from the looks of it, that's well deserved.

Congratulations on the well deserved award. I’ve never seeen a phrag hold so many blooms! Just beautiful.

Years ago my hubby and I house/dog sat for a family on the Big Island. Her instructi9lns to me re her orchids were to water if there had not been a shower that day. Her plants were very healthy too!

Latest posts

Back