Phalaenopsis NOID hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Phalaenopsis NOID hybrid

I don't typically go out searching for NOID Phalaenopsis hybrids, but given my reputation as the orchid guy, these do tend to show up on my doorstep. This is one such plant that was given to me by a wonderful former neighbor. Most of my NOIDs are not what I'd call exceptional, but this one is really nice. I'm not a great Phal grower, so the ones that do well for me, like this, are much appreciated.

The flowers are very large and I love the amazing presentation and exceptional color.

I have a hard time with Phals due to my heavy handed watering, but this one has done alright for me. I keep them warm year round, which seems to be the most important part of their care. Otherwise, I water once or twice a week, and grow them in shady conditions. Phals tend to have a few issues that I've learned to deal with. They are magnets for mites and scale, so I do preventative Neem sprays and when I find pests, I'll spray with a variety of products. Normally I use Safer soap or cinnamon & clove spray as a start, but if that's not enough I'll reach for synthetic products like IGR (Insect Growth Regulators) and pyrethroid products.

1aKXpihl.jpg

2Fj8KOel.jpg

Latest posts

Back