Phal. equestris Now in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsorchids

Reaction score
I just love these little guys.

Alba form in nearly full bloom
2mrbj86.jpg

2hwohh4.jpg

Another close to alba with more yellow around callus and on lip
i3xb3c.jpg

Peloric form
iw2101.jpg

aemki8.jpg

More typical form
28auuqx.jpg

Susan

The peloric one is just wild. The duplication is dramatic compared to other peloric phals that I've seen.

Very nice plants! One of my favorite Phalaenopsis!

I never noted the yellow spots on the alba form before, good photo!
Actually, there is a true alba form with no yellow or other colors on the flowers. The one shown here should actually be called var. aurea (it has been described as such), but it is normally sold as alba... the amount of yellow on the aurea form goes from whole yellow lip to just some little amounts of yellow on it.

These are all very beautiful! I wish that they were mine. The alba form seems to have a very slight pink blush on the lip. If that is true, then, it's not an alba, it's a very, very light tipo. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous!

Actually, there is a true alba form with no yellow or other colors on the flowers. The one shown here should actually be called var. aurea (it has been described as such), but it is normally sold as alba... the amount of yellow on the aurea form goes from whole yellow lip to just some little amounts of yellow on it.

True, but the yellow is so faint it isn't really noticeable unless you get very close. I have looked high and low for a truly all white equestris and this is the closest I could come, so I like to call it alba :D.

These are all very beautiful! I wish that they were mine. The alba form seems to have a very slight pink blush on the lip. If that is true, then, it's not an alba, it's a very, very light tipo. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous!

Thank you. The lip is truly white-probably lighting and/or camera sensor.

Susan

Latest posts

Back