Pat Hart`#1`

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimspaphs

Reaction score
Orchilla `Chilton` x Maudiae `Petronella`--I used pollen from a friends Maudiae`Petronella`to make this cross.---He lost his plant the following year so I cant remake the cross but I have another couple of seedlings to flower.--(Dorsal 79mm Pet.38mm)

Attachments

• Orchilla`Chilton` IMG_3363.JPG
    Orchilla`Chilton` IMG_3363.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Maudiae 'Petronella' HCC-AOC-QOS 1991.jpg
    Maudiae 'Petronella' HCC-AOC-QOS 1991.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Pat Hart`#1` DSCN1727.JPG
    Pat Hart`#1` DSCN1727.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Pat Hart`#1` DSCN1729.JPG
    Pat Hart`#1` DSCN1729.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 29
Very dark, and good shape. What are your plans with these? Back onto Orchilla 'Chilton'?

Good eye!

If I were to breed these on, maybe onto a nice dark brachy of your choice, charlesworthii, or you could get playful and try henryanum. :)

I am not too much for the red paphs, but this one got, besides its great dorsal, a very interesting coloring!!! Jean

Pat Hart history

Pat Hart has a bit of history. I wasn't very excited about Maudiae crossed on to a Complex at the time.The Pod went to the Lab and I took back one flask,the rest were sold inside Australia.
In June 2004 I had one awarded an AM /AD(this is in Orchidwiz with the wrong owner named).Another 3 were worth keeping
I then took a bit of care with the remaining seedlings and they took a long time to recover.Now I expect another year will see them flower.

Pretty nice! How many seedlings did you end up with?

Attachments

• Pat Hart unflowered DSCN1746.JPG
    Pat Hart unflowered DSCN1746.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Pat Hart`Red Beauty` DSCN4857.JPG
    Pat Hart`Red Beauty` DSCN4857.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 26
Nice one... Could they be polyploid? Some of the plants show corrugated leaves.. Or maybe its just inconsistent watering..?

Guaranteed they are... Orchilla has been counted as a aneuploid already, so crossed with Maudiae ( that can be diploid or tetraploid...).

For the corrugated leaves, they look like Orchilla. Orchilla 'Chilton' proved to be a better parent when crossed with Maudiae types than complexes so far. The second Orchilla (aka. Startler 'Glace') shows a similar pattern, Maudiae crosses can be great, but few complexes hybrids with orchilla proved to be interesting.

Now, I would say that the result of that cross is absolutely amazing and unexpected. Pat Hart is beautiful...

Latest posts

Back