Paphs Chou-Yi Yuki and micranthum var. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly. The kwongsee variety has been mixed with the white pouch as var. eburneum so it's hard to tell now.

Hi Leo - would you share with us pictures of foliage on both plants? You got them from me in June and November last year. They are both from Guan Xi China strain. Both are from the same source/vendor. I just got them at the different time (Redland in May and AOS Trustee in November).
Foliage appearance of plants from Guan Xi look different than plants from Yunan China.

Yes please Leo, post the foliage so Peter can check his inventory. I was very happy with the one I bought from him (enormous root mass) and the plant is in bud again, only months later. No complaints what so ever but I would prefer this clone!

Hi Leo - would you share with us pictures of foliage on both plants? You got them from me in June and November last year. They are both from Guan Xi China strain. Both are from the same source/vendor. I just got them at the different time (Redland in May and AOS Trustee in November).
Foliage appearance of plants from Guan Xi look different than plants from Yunan China.

I will take pics later today,

Your right: GuangXi type; your left: typical eburneum

Top: GuangXi type; bottom: typical eburneum

Find Paph micranthum v eburneum by foliage appearance

There is a Paph micranthum var eburneum in this photo. See if you can identify it.

37e9becb218c7da30204388ff4a716dd.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but in Leo's pictures, the leaves of the two types look pretty much the same. The green tone of the leaves are different, though.

Bigleaf- what's immediately apparent to my eyes is that the bottom two plants have quite different patterns as compared to the rest.
So my wild guess is one of those two??
Or the leaf pattern is not always the sure way to tell which is which?
Would love to know the answer.

Someone once told me Paph species can be identified by characteristics in the leaf patterns and by the leaf tips. I have not mastered that yet. :p

like I said.... I spend WAY TOO much time looking at plants!!! :D

That one is definitely darker than all the rest
(I used to spend hours and hours scouring the Internet looking for orchid deals; my dog would even get disgusted with my sitting in front of the computer and not bring me toys to throw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back