Paphiopedilum vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Popow has some of the most beautiful vietnamense stud-plants, in variation of color intensity/location/pattern on the pouch. Just to see them, would make anyone wants to commit to collect different versions of this species alone.

:wink:n i try to rememer that. I´ll just have to wait for my first one. Thanks
You lucky sod :drool:

Here it is again - the first flower is just fading, but the second has come out - it's got to be my favourite Paph species

Paphvietnamense.jpg

Dan

Thanks for all the nice comments!

It is a young plant, so I'm hoping again that the form will improve. Will tell you how long it stays in flower, but I've taken pollinia so it may affect bloom time.

Dan

I don't think the petal's form will change much (what is the parents' name? is it American breeding line?). This species (or should we say most species) has quite a range of forms.
But I would be so happy to have such a flower, perfect pouches, I think it is gorgeous.
You should keep it wether the shape would change or not, and collect a few more different crosses from other nurseries to have a range of shapes.

This photo is much more revealing of it's beauty Dan. I would not kick it out of my greenhouse for taking up room! Love the full colored pouch.

Oooh, that's just gorgeous! And with two flowers you'll also get to enjoy it for longer than a fortnight.

Back