Paphiopedilum vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dan_t

Hi all. Here's my first flowering of Paph vietnamense. It's got another bud hiding behind a petal as well!
It's a shame the petals aren't quite right, but the colour of the pouch is great.

Paphvietnamense2.jpg

Paphvietnamense1.jpg

Dan

yes, the dorsal and the pouch are very nice!!! I have 3 of them and all have (had) somewhat (more or less) pending petals! Jean

I think it's darling, there's something very charming about the more natural shape.

Wish mine would spike but then this species is worth growing for the foliage alone.

All in all it's a neat P. vietnamense. P. vietnamnese with a perfect flower stance are quite rare and therefore you should be pleased.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

All in all it's a neat P. vietnamense. P. vietnamnese with a perfect flower stance are quite rare and therefore you should be pleased.

Mr. Popow has some of the most beautiful vietnamense stud-plants, in variation of color intensity/location/pattern on the pouch. Just to see them, would make anyone wants to commit to collect different versions of this species alone.

Mr. Popow has some of the most beautiful vietnamense stud-plants, in variation of color intensity/location/pattern on the pouch. Just to see them, would make anyone wants to commit to collect different versions of this species alone.

Hi Hien,
my P. vietnamense is from Mr. Popow but alas it isn't a special selected clone. I will be in his nursery either in one week time or with higher probability on January 6th.
A visit in his greenhouses is always worth a 300 km drive so I didn't choose to get the purchased plants via postage.

Hi Hien,
my P. vietnamense is from Mr. Popow but alas it isn't a special selected clone. I will be in his nursery either in one week time or with higher probability on January 6th.
A visit in his greenhouses is always worth a 300 km drive so I didn't choose to get the purchased plants via postage.
You are indeed still very lucky (even it is a 3 hrs drive) I would have to swim across the Atlantic ocean.:)
I would imagine finding myself at his greenhouse many many times, if I live in Germany.

Decent color and w/ 2 blooms on such a small plant - Wonderfull!
Please let us know how long it stays in bloom [USA vs World source], thanx.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

It is a young plant, so I'm hoping again that the form will improve. Will tell you how long it stays in flower, but I've taken pollinia so it may affect bloom time.

Dan

I've just had a smell of it, just in case - it has a fantastic perfume!! I never knew this species had a perfume! I assume I was just ignorant, or is this not common? :drool::drool:

Latest posts

Back