Paphiopedilum thaianum forma album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
I was heard of friends from Thailand, that paphiopedilum thaianum forma album was found. Who has photo ? :drool:

Dear Hakone,
I get the pictures from Thailand. The quality is not the best.
Here the undescribed
Paph. thaianum forma album

Paphthaianumalba2.jpg

Paphthaianumalba.jpg

I hope that we will get soon better pictures of.

Best greetings

Olaf

Sweet little thing... Think of all the plants you'd have room for if they were all that size.

These are the orchids that will be so popular in the nursing homes for orchidholics after they no longer be able to carry those cymbidium monster pots around any more.

It is so cute and delicate that I do not want it!!! I will kill it in a sec...!!!:cool::p

I would think that thaianum should be available fairly soon in the US...Thailand has no CITES issues, like Vietnam, so as soon as they flask these little guys, they should be available...it didn't take long for kovachii to be on the market...so I think Thailand should have no problem.

I would think that thaianum should be available fairly soon in the US...Thailand has no CITES issues, like Vietnam, so as soon as they flask these little guys, they should be available...it didn't take long for kovachii to be on the market...so I think Thailand should have no problem.

Well, actually the Thai CITES office has not decided to issue paper on this guy yet. Not so sure if to treat it as a var of niveum or treat it as another species which could involve a lot time and effort to get the paper right. Therefore, so far no CITIES on this little guy was issued, and those in the market are.....

Hope that by the time CITIES paper is issued, there will be some remained...

Latest posts

Back