Paphiopedilum Sue Worth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

I can never decide if i truley love this plant or hate it.

Its Paph Sue Worth i brought this last year its a cross between

Paph sukhakulii and paph charlesworthii.

Its quite a compact plant lovely mottled leafs to.

Attachments

• Paph Sue Worth 2.jpg
    Paph Sue Worth 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 93
Well... It is doing the best it can with those parents. I love each species on its own, but I'm not sure the combination works for me. Pretty leaves wins a bunch of points in my book! :)

Yes it the parents that it has I it that sort of don't match to me.
That's why I love and hate it some days I think it lovely the it sort of I think your interesting but the combo is weird

I can see the flower's faults, but I don't think it is getting all the credit it deserves. It has very good petal width for the parents, and the dorsal is huge for a sukhakulii cross. The pattern on the dorsal is unique. Something like this would be useful for breeding suhkakulii spotting into complex Paphs or get that dorsal pattern into Maudiae-types.

I grew Paph Graham Robertson (sukhakulii x henryanum) for several years. If this has anything like the compact growth, gorgeous foliage, speed of growth and reliable blooming that cross did many would love to have it even if the flowers aren't "wow". And those are all good traits for further breeding too.

I agree I like the plant so I won't throw it away I think its becuase bith parents are so different it has a strange look. I think the leafs on three own are stunning more than the flower.
I think this is the type of plant that would breeding more than showing.

Latest posts

Back