Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba Pic request

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Iweyshen plant, ShenLiu Orchids. So far all that bloom from him is genuine, with proper parents... Now, a crippled flower like the one he posted can come as well from one of the various chemicals they use in Taiwan, and may not appear on the next bloom. They have a lot of growth boosters available, some excellent, some produce crippled flowers. I saw this especially on parvis, stonei, praestans, and some complexes in Taiwan, and the next blooming is usually normal.
Thanks for that reminder, it's one we have a tendency to overlook but sometimes better to be overcautious.

Back to the original question, stonei Formosa has been sold out completely, there is not a single division still in Taiwan. I did buy, a German did buy, one US and two Japanese who ended up with the motherplants at the end. So the flasks cannot be a selfing and of good quality. If they are really Formosa x self, it means that the seedlings in flask are over a decade old, which is not unheard of through proliferation, but it means too that they will be extremely weak.
There goes the red flag on this flask!

Better than asking the photo of the mother plant ( no proof that this is the actual motherplant of the flask), if you trust the seller, ask a photo of the flask. If the seedlings are whitish yellowish, they will die. If they seems vigorous, you can have a try.
Good suggestion, I was wondering the same thing.
How many flasks are there?

How can it be possible that someone who continuously insults forum members, is still allowed to post here?
If you don't know to behave, Mr.Bream, just go your way.....
and he probably will, he did before, he's digging his own grave.
It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, I know some of you want action now, but you need to stop and think why this forum was formed. We're all suppose to be adults but there's times it doesn't appear that way. In the end we're all responsible for our actions, in this case words. Are you a bigger, better person than the aforementioned? Think about it, how do children or adults seeking attention act? Are you giving him what he wants by responding? Sometimes ignoring it a good thing. Each one of us has the ability to change our attitude & look at life differently, this might be a time to try it.

and he probably will, he did before, he's digging his own grave.
It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, I know some of you want action now, but you need to stop and think why this forum was formed. We're all suppose to be adults but there's times it doesn't appear that way. In the end we're all responsible for our actions, in this case words. Are you a bigger, better person than the aforementioned? Think about it, how do children or adults seeking attention act? Are you giving him what he wants by responding? Sometimes ignoring it a good thing. Each one of us has the ability to change our attitude & look at life differently, this might be a time to try it.

and Joh.Wolfgang v. Goethe wrote :

........Achte auf Deinen Charakter,
denn er wird Dein Schicksal.

.......Pay attention to your character,

because it becomes your fate.

It would be nice if nobody insulted anyone of the forum. That said, it happens and wont change as the moderators have a hands off approach to how they run the forum. I complained about a persons bad manners and was threatened with being kicked off. I would take any insults with a grain of salt and ignore it.. No point being upset when nothing will ever come of it here.

Anyway, back on topic,, Still waiting on that pic. Will post when I get it. It is a selfing of the Formosa plant too.

I am not here to fight anyone's verbal battles for them. This forum has a history, and I suggest you learn what that is before you begin asking us to censor threads and change the way we manage it. We do not have a "hands off approach" and I don't appreciate the tone of this posting. If you don't like the way we choose to run this forum, there are many others out there that may fit your needs. I expect you to fight your own verbal battles. We do have rules here and there are lines. But, no, we are not heavy handed dictators here.

It would be nice if nobody insulted anyone of the forum. That said, it happens and wont change as the moderators have a hands off approach to how they run the forum. I complained about a persons bad manners and was threatened with being kicked off. I would take any insults with a grain of salt and ignore it.. No point being upset when nothing will ever come of it here...

You were never "threatened with being kicked off" for complaining about another member. You were chastised, by me alone, because you demanded that we go against forum rules and ban another member without cause simply because they annoyed you. You seem intent on still playing the victim in that scenario. If we need to clear the air, I can certainly go back and copy the "offensive" post that was made, and follow it up with your private messages to the administration demanding action, and let the board members decide if they want your brand of management or ours? Let me know. ;)

I am not here to fight anyone's verbal battles for them. This forum has a history, and I suggest you learn what that is before you begin asking us to censor threads and change the way we manage it. We do not have a "hands off approach" and I don't appreciate the tone of this posting. If you don't like the way we choose to run this forum, there are many others out there that may fit your needs. I expect you to fight your own verbal battles. We do have rules here and there are lines. But, no, we are not heavy handed dictators here.

Well said.

You all have unprecedented freedom here, and yet you seem to want to create drama for each other, and the people who run it, instead of enjoying it. You can sell pretty much anything, buy pretty much anything, and say pretty much anything you want on this forum without ever having to drop a dime to keep the place up and running. Yet you waste your time calling each other names like a bunch of children on a playground?!?!

Try that at SOF and see how far you get. :) No really, please go to another forum if you think you have it so bad here. Or put on your big boy pants, wipe your tears and make this place fun again for ****'s sake.

Guido, stop calling people idiots. Real men of intelligence don't stoop to that level. You are better than that.

I would like to add to Candace's comment, then hopefully we can be done & move on.
Would it help to be reminded of the definition of moderate is, then consider what our rules/guidelines are at this forum.
1. within reasonable limits; avoiding excesses or extremes; temperate or restrained
2. mild; calm; gentle; not violent

If we, as moderators react as some of you would like us to, would we be avoiding excesses or extremes?
Guess what? Members are moderators too, think about it ...
do you read a post, think what a jerk and move on? Congrats! You just moderated! Thank You!
Do you check in at this forum daily to enjoy, learn, relax & get a laugh or raise your blood pressure? I'm sure quite a few use restraint before commenting, I thank you & maybe there's others that could give it a try! I will also make a request to keep what may appear to be derogatory replies/comments in english. If you feel you're sparing those of us they don't speak that foreign language, chances are that's not the case and does the comment need to be made? Be the bigger person!
What makes this a great forum? Let's keep it that way!

for those people who want to fight, insult people, and argue, there's still our french forum! :evil:
http://www.orchidees.fr/forums/
you may have to be registered to access the blablabla section, but you're all welcome.
not much Paphio peole there, but some kinds of caracters with high stupidity skills! :drool:
we simply like it :clap:

edit: i should be pleased to be insulted by Guido, thus as Uri left our forum long time ago, guido is welcome.

for those people who want to fight, insult people, and argue, there's still our french forum! :evil:
you may have to be registered to access the blablabla section, but you're all welcome.
not much Paphio peole there, but some kinds of caracters with high stupidity skills! :drool:

Yes!! :rollhappy: and the very best of them has recently posted a kovachii blooming, if interested :D

Damn, now you've gone and done it. The french are trying to recruit new victims! :rollhappy:

we simply like it :clap:

edit: i should be pleased to be insulted by Guido, thus as Uri left our forum long time ago, guido is welcome.

Now that is kind of funny. Crazy French people :poke:

I have a pic of the parent of the flask at last.. Ok.. I think I will bite the bullet and get it..

Brett
DSCN0839.jpg

I have a pic of the parent of the flask at last.. Ok.. I think I will bite the bullet and get it..

Brett

Looks like a good selfing of the Formosa, the flower shape will be very good if they do NOT stake the spike ( that's why the flowers petals are not symmetric). As a bonus it has 4 flowers per spike, which is unusual ( Formosa usually does 3..

wow!! very nice plant and bloom!!

I hope there will be some day a few plants to be sold...

nice one. what color would you call those markings on the petals? are they just a darker green?

Latest posts

Back