Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba Pic request

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have a pic of Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba 'Formosa' CHM/TPS? Or even just an Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba

I have been offered a flask of Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba 'Formosa' CHM/TPS x self and mulling it over. Bit hard though as I have never seen a pic

Please post a pic if you have it.

Brett

Hi

Does anyone have a pic of Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba 'Formosa' CHM/TPS? Or even just an Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba

I have been offered a flask of Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba 'Formosa' CHM/TPS x self and mulling it over. Bit hard though as I have never seen a pic

Brett
I am sorry to have to tell you that (as far as I know) there is NO Paph. stonei var "alba". The pictures on the net that I have found show a wilted, overall more or less lightly coloured flower with DISTINCT darker markings on the lateral petals. I hope you did not pay too much for that flask. It is also remarkable that the picture is kept very blurred (to fool possible customers?). Some years ago, there was a picture about showing a "yellow" stonei. That was obviously "produced" on a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the ones i have seen were in my TPS books. i will have a look. on some forums i have seen that same thing with greenish pouch that valenzino linked.

i think the ones i have seen were in my TPS books. i will have a look. on some forums i have seen that same thing with greenish pouch that valenzino linked.

Hi Pete,

In the thread I linked too, you mentioned your friend had bloomed some. Were you referring to stonei album or did I read it wrong?

Regards, Mick

Hi

Brett

please saw

Genus Paphiopedilum Albino Forms, Olaf Gruss , page 199

Hi

Thanks for the pics.. I am waiting on the flask seller to contact me with a pic of the plant.. I told them at $250 for a flask, I want parent pics. Would a form like this be worth that? I am a little new to paphs, but some good forms do seem to sell at high prices I have seen.

Brett

Nice... And does not really look like wilted decoloured standard flowers....:poke:
that is not the picture that I saw on the web ... and "nice" is very subjective. A normal stonei is much nices than a one-time aberrant form ...
The flask is interesting to see what comes out of it in the next generation.

Hi

Thanks for the pics.. I am waiting on the flask seller to contact me with a pic of the plant.. I told them at $250 for a flask, I want parent pics. Would a form like this be worth that? I am a little new to paphs, but some good forms do seem to sell at high prices I have seen.

Brett

If you have luck, 1/4 are albino :D

that is not the picture that I saw on the web ... and "nice" is very subjective. A normal stonei is much nices than a one-time aberrant form ...
The flask is interesting to see what comes out of it in the next generation.
äääääähhhh... I did not say it is the picture you have seen, did I?

on the other hand, I said Nice! and yes, for me it is nice :) any insinuation there that it should be nice for you? nope! ;)

That stonei in Barry's link remind me of the the pale kind of celery you get if you put the plants in total darkness. The upper 2 flowers look like they have been forced open.

Latest posts

Back