Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba Pic request

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Thanks for the pics.. I am waiting on the flask seller to contact me with a pic of the plant.. I told them at $250 for a flask, I want parent pics. Would a form like this be worth that? I am a little new to paphs, but some good forms do seem to sell at high prices I have seen.

Brett
Maybe yes, maybe no ... it all depends on the genetics ... if it breeds true, it may be interesting ... if it does not ... its anyone's guess what will come out of it.

OK that's it ... I am no longer wasting my time with idiots like you and Hakone.

Maybe yes, maybe no ... it all depends on the genetics ... if it breeds true, it may be interesting ... if it does not ... its anyone's guess what will come out of it.

äääääähhhh... I did not say it is the picture you have seen, did I?

on the other hand, I said Nice! and yes, for me it is nice :) any insinuation there that it should be nice for you? nope! ;)

Well, while that last picture looks like an alba, its pretty rickety. Maybe some generations of breeding can improve the shape, but I certainly wouldn't spend much money on it.

Hopefully the seller is sending me a photo of the parent plant today.. I will post if I get one. Hope so, as I feel hesitant to get something this pricey without a pic from the seller.

Brett

OK that's it ... I am no longer wasting my time with idiots like you and Hakone.

Dear dr braem, with all the respect (please use a dictionnary if you do not know the meaning of this word) to ST and its other members, "idiot" you and all the generations in your family, before and after you! Du verdammtes, arrogantes, verficktes Arschloch! Now we are alligned with the insults, right? As you said, no need to waste Time with idiots, go and get a Life!

maybe the good Professor just doesn't know that arrogance is a sin?! Either way it's very pointless to talk to him....

I just can’t recall anyone, in all my acquaintance who feels so superior, and yet is still so clueless about what he talks (since…he doesn’t really say anything), and in addition has the nerve to talk (down) to people… like our dear, misguided Professor does. Maybe we need a new Taxon for the likes of you:
Cluelessum arrogantum major var. Braemii

How can it be possible that someone who continuously insults forum members, is still allowed to post here?
If you don't know to behave, Mr.Bream, just go your way.....

It would be nice if nobody insulted anyone of the forum. That said, it happens and wont change as the moderators have a hands off approach to how they run the forum. I complained about a persons bad manners and was threatened with being kicked off. I would take any insults with a grain of salt and ignore it.. No point being upset when nothing will ever come of it here.

Anyway, back on topic,, Still waiting on that pic. Will post when I get it. It is a selfing of the Formosa plant too.

Du verdammtes, arrogantes, verficktes Arschloch!

Still learning every day :D

If you have luck, 1/4 are albino :D

Nope, if the parent plant is a real genetic alba, they will all be alba, now the question remains open whether the parent plant is a genetic alba...

A normal stonei is much nices than a one-time aberrant form ...
The flask is interesting to see what comes out of it in the next generation.

Agreed, I saw the parent plant, in fact it looks less deep green than the photos on the cover of Paphiopedilum in Taiwan II...

I would take 'Formosa' over what appears to be the album in Barry's link.

This is Iweyshen plant, ShenLiu Orchids. So far all that bloom from him is genuine, with proper parents... Now, a crippled flower like the one he posted can come as well from one of the various chemicals they use in Taiwan, and may not appear on the next bloom. They have a lot of growth boosters available, some excellent, some produce crippled flowers. I saw this especially on parvis, stonei, praestans, and some complexes in Taiwan, and the next blooming is usually normal.

Back to the original question, stonei Formosa has been sold out completely, there is not a single division still in Taiwan. I did buy, a German did buy, one US and two Japanese who ended up with the motherplants at the end. So the flasks cannot be a selfing and of good quality. If they are really Formosa x self, it means that the seedlings in flask are over a decade old, which is not unheard of through proliferation, but it means too that they will be extremely weak.

Better than asking the photo of the mother plant ( no proof that this is the actual motherplant of the flask), if you trust the seller, ask a photo of the flask. If the seedlings are whitish yellowish, they will die. If they seems vigorous, you can have a try.

The one thing I have always liked about this site is the good naturedness of its posters. I would like to see it continue. One can disagree and do so nicely. What one offers from thought may aid another. That includes moments of disagreement. To leave out civility will most definitely overshadow any facts, and the hucksters of the world will find our $$ over such foolish bickering. Better to hear all views to aid a decision for the best choices we can make.

.....and I'm now stepping off my soapbox.....

.....and I'm now stepping off my soapbox.....

And If I may borrow it for a moment, I would remind everyone that we all share the love or orchids and that this forum is not to feed our ego, though it can do that, but to share our passion. ...Now you can have your soapbox back. :D

and don't forget you can put someone on your "ignore" list and posts from specific people won't show up

Dear dr braem, with all the respect (please use a dictionnary if you do not know the meaning of this word) to ST and its other members, "idiot" you and all the generations in your family, before and after you! Du verdammtes, arrogantes, verficktes Arschloch! Now we are alligned with the insults, right? As you said, no need to waste Time with idiots, go and get a Life!

Hello Kavanaru,

What do you think about Son of soldier ?:sob:

Still waiting on a pic from the seller in Taiwan. Not a surprise though as I find a lot of Taiwanese sellers very slow to communicate.

I have bought from them in the past and never a problem with flasks not being healthy though.

If I get a pic, I will post.

Brett

sorry for the delay in answering mick- he bloomed albas. i will ask him for pictures. they were from the 'formosa' i believe

Latest posts

Back