Paphiopedilum randsii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime I see a specie like this wonder about sense of hybridizing. This spoecie so wonderful, none of any hybridizing can product better than this. Many thanks for sharing, you are a great grower!
Could you please tell me LS? I wonder because wild plants LS sometimes bigger than 1 meter.

The largest fan measures 22 inches across and the spike is now 24 inches tall.

Great growing.

Great blooming and longevity.

This one would be a good one to try to get some seed going.

It's been rumored that sterility is an issue, but I think its mostly poor culture keeping these guys down.

Fantastic plant JP. Super job knocking off the rust and mites so we could enjoy it as much as yourself! Your efforts gives me encouragement that someday mine will (might) bloom! My single fan grows leaves and put out roots but stalls each time it tries to put up side growths. I see yours is in a basket...same culture as your armeniacums?

Fantastic plant JP. Super job knocking off the rust and mites so we could enjoy it as much as yourself! Your efforts gives me encouragement that someday mine will (might) bloom! My single fan grows leaves and put out roots but stalls each time it tries to put up side growths. I see yours is in a basket...same culture as your armeniacums?

Thanks for the compliments!

I grow it in a plastic basket that fits inside a plastic pot (they're sold as a unit). The medium is mediukm Monterey bark (90%) with large perlite (10%).

Update 01-29-2013

As of today, 01-29-2013, all 8 flowers are open:

Paphiopedilumrandsii8flowers01-29-2013_zps76863a3f.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you so much for posting this. Gives us something to look forward to on our seedling plants.

that's a very nice bloom!! especially on a first bloom and such rare plant!

Latest posts

Back