Paphiopedilum niveum with seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werner.freitag

Reaction score
2019-06 (1).jpg 2019-06 (2).jpg 2019-06 (3).jpg 2019-06 (4).jpg
I bought 3 plants on a trip to Kanchanaburi 6 years ago. A small nursery was about to sell the rest of their stock of orchids.
The plants are in their pots since then, hanging less than a meter from the shade, like epiphytes. They have been blooming more than once a year.
The 2 pots on the photo have a lot of seedlings growing around the pots. I did not do anything for it.
I will repot soon, keeping the adult plants together and removing the seedlings.

.....The 2 pots on the photo have a lot of seedlings growing around the pots. I did not do anything for it.
I will repot soon, keeping the adult plants together and removing the seedlings.
First of all, so far I havn't seen such vigorous niveums with so many flowers. Very impressive, congrats.
I would't think these are seedlings, I would asume they are now sprouts which grow in every direction because the surface of the pot hasn't enaugh space for them. I imagine, if you don't repote, they will form one day a niveum ball where you can't see a pot. Great vision.

Latest posts

Back