Paphiopedilum moquetteanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris20

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0ff14428439373a3f0a3c74635e8fb70.jpg00fee9ead25b4d033b6dbd1244a2176b.jpg
This was supposed to be victoria-regina which it obviously is not. I contacted the vendor who offered to replace it but I decided to keep it. It is a rather large plant with leaf span of about 18”. The spike has produced 7 flowers and it looks like there will be one more. I couldn’t get a good pic of the flower so I decided to photograph it with light coming from above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A beautifull moq, indeed! Would immediately say it's a keeper...
The size of the flower is a bit difficult to judge...could you post the NS (preferably in cm as I'm at a loss when it comes to inches :D)?

Kind regards, Jens

Definately a keeper! :)

For future reference if someone gives sizes in inches, that is roughly 4" (inches).
Just remember that 1" = 2.5cm (2.54cm for anyone who wants to quibble) and you'll be able to judge the size.

Back in the 1970's the US made an attempt at going to the metric system and pulling itself into the 20th century along with most of the rest of the world. I believe it received a lot of pushback from older folks that just didn't want to learn a new (and much more rational) system. If we had continued down that path, within two generations everyone would have been using the same measurement system.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Paphluvr....2.5 is something even I can remember! (due to your explanation, I might even remember 2.54! :))

Making food from american cookbooks, I've learned that 4 cups = 1 quart = appr. 1 liter!

Maybe I should google to see if I can find a 'Measurements for dummies/morons'-book?

If we had continued down that path, within two generations everyone would have been using the same measurement system.

I so much agree on your views concerning the rationality of a unified measurement system!

But, now, with Brexit in mind the brits will probably cling to their old measures....and that path might be irrevocably blocked.

And concerning orchids, one does not dare think of CITES and what-so-ever.... I gather it won't be possible to carry or have sent orchids to continental Europe from England without a permit?!

Sorry to have highjacked the thread - I will transfer the last part of the comment to a separate thread.... And I still find the moquetteanum very beautiful! :)

Best regards,
Jens

Latest posts

Back