Paphiopedilum lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could offer a concrete answer one way or the other. I just donā€™t know.
If it is due to cultural abnormalities, caused by heat, lack of water, too much water, etc. then I imagine that those issues can be rectified.
If itā€™s issues are genetic, then it seems to me that those are harder to escape. Sometimes problems occur from being in the bud, things get caught up or hung up as the flower opens.
Nodding inflorescences, flowers that donā€™t open fully, things of this nature, can improve with a stronger plant. Flower count can improve due to better culture, increased plant strength.
Personally it does not happen a lot with my plants, but it happens. That is exactly why I employ the three strikes you are out rule.

We have sometimes seen flowers with both a first and second time lousy blooming, rise, like the ugly duckling turned into a swan, the third time round! Darlene, maybe, give it a very stern stare, while admonishing it: "Three strikes and you are out!" šŸ§ If it wisely adheres, it certainly isn't without potential in my opinion.

Back