Paphiopedilum liemianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

Is a pretty variable species - with respect to plant size and flower coloration.
Now this one has very mottled leaves :)

Lieamianum_flower.jpg

Lieamianum_plant.jpg

I's always time to see new things. So far I wasn't aware that P. liemianum can have mottled leaves too. I own and I always saw only plants with plain green leaves.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I's always time to see new things. So far I wasn't aware that P. liemianum can have mottled leaves too. I own and I always saw only plants with plain green leaves.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf
I didn't know they could have plain!

WOW! That is interesting, so mottled! the flower's dorsal is much slimmer then most as well.
Mine are mottled but in no way to this extent! :clap::clap:

I have heard that they can have mottled leaves and I've seen a few plants with a hint of mottling; but, you really had to look carefully to see it. This plant is incredibly mottled. Wow!

That is true. Some are plain and some are mottled. I have one that is slightly mottled too. Nice Uri!

Ramon:)

I agree, I like the foliage on this one! This is one of my favorite cochlopetalums.

Robert

This is certainly a very nice and unusual cultivar. The flower shape is not as "good" as one might wish for, but I find it appealing. Colours are nice, and the foliage is amazing for a Cochlopetalum.

If that was a hybrid, I wouldn't know which other parent would cause the strong mottling in the leaves while not influencing the flower much. I'm not aware of any other Cochlo species that would inherit such strong mottling and I can't see anything non-cochlo in the flower.

I'd be pretty proud if I'd own such a distinctive cultivar.

It kinda reminds me of the varity or species kalinae but without the intensty of color and spotting of the majority kalinaes

Hey Guys - I've grown this plant for 10 years now
- Its from the Ise Ise region in Java - no hybrid here

I've never seen such a mottling on Paph liemianum before; this is quite an interesting variant! Most are pretty solid green with some variable slight mottling that that is quite faint.

Back