Paphiopedilum helenae in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy to see wild populations still exist. One reads so much about slipper extinctions these days due to over-collecting and habitat destruction.

These pictures are just amazing! It is so special to see this species in the wild, thank you so much for sharing this special habitat with us :clap:

I'm jealous of you I wish I could go for a hike and stumble upon healthy clumps of eye excestasy!! How many different paphs grow around their? Or that you are interested in? I would like to learn all I can!! Seasonal duration - change, what kind of food washes over their roots, climate, etc.. I would appreciate any info you could share, thank you very much

I'm jealous of you I wish I could go for a hike and stumble upon healthy clumps of eye excestasy!! How many different paphs grow around their? Or that you are interested in? I would like to learn all I can!! Seasonal duration - change, what kind of food washes over their roots, climate, etc.. I would appreciate any info you could share, thank you very much

Normally around 2-3 Paph species will share the same area but some areas up to 5-6 species (I've seen). I'm interested in all Vietnamese native orchids species. I could share in formations but just when I have more time (sorry for that)

Sure, I appreciate it. I myself love and have a bunch of brachys a few hirsutussimum (esquirolei) that I'd love to hear about natural habitat about anytime you could get some time thank you

I'm interested in all Vietnamese native orchids species.

Sure, I appreciate it. I myself love and have a bunch of brachys a few hirsutussimum (esquirolei) that I'd love to hear about natural habitat about anytime you could get some time thank you

As the foreigner just noted to our Brother from the South, the Glorious People's Democratic Republic has a vested interest in the utilization of all its native plants, vietnamense, canhii, esquirolei, etc.. :p

Cxcanh, I didn't realize who you are, I'm new to growing orchids, if you would have put out a book about orchid culture I would surely buy it, I appreciate your hard work out in situ, I saw yur pics in another forum

It's a little funny. With all the incursions and expansion of the GPDR I would have expected to see larger numbers of "Chinese" Paphs available. Except for Perner, Zip! :confused:

Cxcanh, I didn't realize who you are, I'm new to growing orchids, if you would have put out a book about orchid culture I would surely buy it, I appreciate your hard work out in situ, I saw yur pics in another forum

I'm working on it, thank you.

Latest posts

Back