Paphiopedilum Dollgoldi 'Supernova' GM(H)DOG 2008

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

An extraordinary clone of a wellknown cross was shown in the last judging session of the German Orchid Society in Deggendorf by Franz Glanz and get a Goldmedal and also a Silvermedal for culture.

Paphiopedilum Dollgoldi 'Supernova'GM(H)DOG 2008, die Kreuzung zwischen Paph.armeniacum und Paph. rothschildianum[/SIZE]

PaphiopedilumDollgoldiSupernova-arm.jpg

PaphiopedilumDollgoldiSupernova--1.jpg

PaphiopedilumDollgoldiSupernova--2.jpg

PaphiopedilumDollgoldiSupernova--3.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

gorgeous, really the best I have ever seen.
most other Dollgoldis' pouches are not in good shape like this one.

Open your pocket book wide! and then have the patience of half a dozen saints!
This one was worth the wait!

Does anyone know the reason for this cross to take so long to bloom? Is that typical of roth, or armeniacum? armeniacum apparently is hard to bloom. I have a Norito Hasegawa in spike, and I have hopes for my Harold Koopowitz.

Does anyone know the reason for this cross to take so long to bloom? Is that typical of roth, or armeniacum? armeniacum apparently is hard to bloom. I have a Norito Hasegawa in spike, and I have hopes for my Harold Koopowitz.

I don't know that anyone could give you the answer to that! If they could we'd have a bunch of bloomin' Dollgoldi! This is my guess - both species on their own can take some time to mature, then add to that roth likes warm temps, armeniacum is a cool grower. What culture does one give the hybrid? Some roths need a drop to help initiate the spike but is that enough for armeniacum?

Any parvi species (don't know about the new ones like hangianum) by roth is slow to bloom. The most notorious one is probably Gerd Röllke (emersonii x roth). I've only heard of a handful that have bloomed.

Any parvi species (don't know about the new ones like hangianum) by roth is slow to bloom. The most notorious one is probably Gerd Röllke (emersonii x roth). I've only heard of a handful that have bloomed.

Well, as long as I don't kill them, it's okay. I've got time.

Latest posts

Back