Paphiopedilum Maria and Franz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

This weekend the German Orchid Society had the summermeeting at the nursery of Franz Glanz in the south of Germany near the border to Austria in Unterwössen.

At this meeting two new hybrids of the genus Paphiopedilum get their official names.
The cross between Paph. Gary Romagna and Paph. anitum was named in honour for Maria Glanz as
Paphiopedilum Maria.​

Th e flower was not opened fully and could not show the total attractivity.

PaphiopedilumMaria-GaryRomagnaXanitum2011-06-27OlafGrussa.jpg

PaphiopedilumMaria-GaryRomagnaXanitum2011-06-27OlafGrussc.jpg

The hybrid between Paph. Prince Edward of York und Paph. gigantifolium was named in honour of Franz Glanz as
Paphiopedilum Franz

PaphiopedilumFranz-PrinceEdwardofYorkXgigantifolium2011-05Pflanzec.jpg

PaphiopedilumFranz-PrinceEdwardofYorkXgigantifolium2011-05Bltebseitlich.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Maria has the infusion of anitum and the anitum gene is most profound here and nearly takes away all the Gary Romagna shape. I like the multi's with anitum. But Franz is the new generation of multi's with gigantifolium and is stunning.

Maria has the infusion of anitum and the anitum gene is most profound here and nearly takes away all the Gary Romagna shape. I like the multi's with anitum. But Franz is the new generation of multi's with gigantifolium and is stunning.

I second your comments Howzat!! Beautiful Franz!

Franz is awesome but I'd like to see Maria once the flowers are fully open.

Amazing both! Maria is dark coloured, but Franz is more spectacular imo as there is such a nice contradiction with its colours!

this are two nice hybrids, but I also like the gigantifolium hybrid
more than the anitum hybrid. But this shows that Franz Glanz
is one of the best Paphiopedilum breeder in Germany.
Congratulations!

Peter

Latest posts

Back