Paphiopedilum Delrosi (Paph. rothschildianum x Paph. delenatii f. vinicolor)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, maybe there will be one for sale in Montreal. :)

For Zephyrus: It was one year ago and he had only a few plants I think.

But Piping Rock may have some for sale:

http://www.pipingrockorchids.com/search-results.php?searchterms=delrosi

Paphiopedilum Delrosi
#1143(rothschildianum '#10' x delenatii v. vinicolor 'Dunkle #1')
This a remake using the dark form of delenatii. Unlike older forms of the hybrid, these should prove to be a lot easier to bloom, with the influence of the newer roths. BS. $44,95

I think your 'Florafest' have a much better shape. But I recogn mine is only a "bably" and that the shape could improve.

I think the shape on yours is fine. You can get a lot of Delrosi's with poor form but this is certainly not one of them. The petals are wavy but then that seems pretty typical for this hybrid. I have two awarded clones and the petals are much like yours.

Thanks a lot emydura.

Reading the posts on this forum for now more than 2 years, I don't see orchds as I did before. I now want to grow THE BEST bloom, with THE BEST shape and the BEST color. But I think perfection is almost elusive.

This has to be one of the most important hybrid plants flowered recently.
It should mean that there will be many more seedlings raised and sold of hybrids with dunkel.
Personally I'd like to see a magic lantern 'dark'.
David

Very nice! I actually am not too surprised by the outcome. Paph rothschildianum tends to intensify any pigmentation (think of crosses between Maudiae vini-colors and rothschildianum that turn out almost "black" in color), so I think in this case it also intensified the dark pigmentation of the delenatii var vinicolor.

Robert

For Zephyrus: It was one year ago and he had only a few plants I think.

But Piping Rock may have some for sale:

http://www.pipingrockorchids.com/search-results.php?searchterms=delrosi

Paphiopedilum Delrosi
#1143(rothschildianum '#10' x delenatii v. vinicolor 'Dunkle #1')
This a remake using the dark form of delenatii. Unlike older forms of the hybrid, these should prove to be a lot easier to bloom, with the influence of the newer roths. BS. $44,95

Thanks for the tip. Piping Rock will be at the Paph Forum this Saturday. I'll see if he brings any for sale.

Latest posts

Back