Paphiopedilum delenatii blooming in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
It is great to see how this species grow in their habitat, in the altitude from 900 to 1.200m. Temperature now from 20-25oC, north-face and a lot of wind.

1CXC_0278.jpg

1CXC_0247.jpg

Oz paph Are you referring to elevation? Mr. Canhii if you take culture notes and write a book, you would be able to afford the best education money can buy for your childeren!!!!

Wonderful photos. It is great to see them growing in their natural environment. Thanks for posting. Interesting to see the plant in the first photo that had two flowers on the one spike. Such beautiful form on these wild plants as well.

I remember times when delenatii was said to be extinct in the wild (Vietnam) by Agent Orange and all the delenatii in the marked went back to one remaining piece from Vacherot & Lecoufle.
I know it was rediscovered many years ago but I am feeling confident to see your pictures of delenatii growing in the wild again. This really gives me hope.
Thank you Canh!

Nice habitat display. Really strong and dark foliage on the first photo. Could you tell me some information about the soil around the plants? Looks to me some kind of humus covered with moss isn't it? Love the wet environment so much. Thanks for sharing!

You see how they grow from this photos, almost no soil and just some death leaves attached to the roots

1CXC_0307.jpg

1CXC_0304.jpg

As always, I'm very grateful that you take the time to document this stuff and share the photos with us! Interesting to see how they're growing, big difference between that and my pot culture -- it's one of the more vigorous and easy to grow Parvies in my collection despite the fact that I'm growing it in much different conditions that it might get in the wild.

I got a very difficulty while taking photo on this trip because it rain all day and very windy, I'm not happy with the photo but no choice.
It also difficult to do that again because it cost too much.

Latest posts

Back