Paphiopedilum charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Barry

Reaction score
Paph charlesworthii

From this year's crop at the Orchid Zone
I'll keep it!

charlesworthiiC1.jpg

Regards,
Rick

Would it be possible to get a side profile picture?

Kyle

"I want it, I want it, I want it!!!," as he bangs his fists against the counter becoming more and more jealous by the minute... :poke:
(Just to clarify; 'he' is actually me, and 'it' is the charlesworthii aforementioned)

"I want it, I want it, I want it!!!," as he bangs his fists against the counter becoming more and more jealous by the minute... :poke:
(Just to clarify; 'he' is actually me, and 'it' is the charlesworthii aforementioned)
Good luck keeping it alive in Austin:poke:

yes SlipperKing...I know, Im soon to be relegated to the world of multiflorals and mottle leafs. Not that I dont love those too, but it just feeds the jealousy. :(
ARG!

Too hot? Too dry?
I don't know Jo. I've been growing Paphs since 86 and have had a number of charlies, as well as, a number of friends have also tried. I have never seen a flowering charlesworthii in person. The plants just set, put a leaf on once in awhile, never put out roots to speak of and then die a few yrs later:( From San Antoino/ Austin east to New Orleans no charlies. Fairrieanum is another tough species to grow and bloom well here but the primary, Jessie grows and blooms every yr for me:sob:Go figure.

Too hot? Too dry?

I don't know Jo. I've been growing Paphs since 86 and have had a number of charlies, as well as, a number of friends have also tried. I have never seen a flowering charlesworthii in person. The plants just set, put a leaf on once in awhile, never put out roots to speak of and then die a few yrs later:( From San Antoino/ Austin east to New Orleans no charlies. Fairrieanum is another tough species to grow and bloom well here but the primary, Jessie grows and blooms every yr for me:sob:Go figure.

Bummer!
I would guess the heat. According to Lance's book, charlesworthii 87-62 summer, 63-40 winter & fairrieanum 65-90 days, 68-40 nights. Supposedly both are easy to flower as long as one meets a 20 degree day/night differential BUT if one can't get them to grow, there will be no flowers.:sob: Would you think if I can grow & bloom these, that I ought to be able to grow intermediate masdies? In my dreams!

That is a nice one! I like the wide petals and the shape of the dorsal. I would keep it too!

Robert

Latest posts

Back