paphiopedilum canhii album ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Albinism in orchids is not an example of simple Mendelian genetics (single gene, pure dominance...) in most (all?) cases. We have several threads on the subject. Cases of crosses of two albino parents giving non-albino progeny, etc. Maybe someone a little more adept at using the search function can help out please?

How does the crossing ? After which genetics ?

How does the crossing ? After which genetics ?
Mendelian genetics ... I am afraid that explaining this on this forume would lead too far. Best is to just google for it. But as there are several genes involved ... simple Mendelian genetics does not apply as Ernie correctly states. Furthermore, there may be "incomplete dominance", "codominance", etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I do, so that I get more albinistic plants
Go 10-15 years to university, become a DNA expert, figure out which genes are involved ... then manipulate the genes ... and if you are very good, and very, very lucky .... you MIGHT get more albinistic plants ....

Dear Braem,

thank you very much , I am so old to study . I had my doctorate about 26 years ago. A second doctorate would not bring me more. With money perhaps I get more albinistic plants .:D

Dear Braem,

thank you very much , I am so old to study . I had my doctorate about 26 years ago. A second doctorate would not bring me more. With money perhaps I get more albinistic plants .:D
Well, we all get older .... but the money does not garantee the amount of albinistic plants you are going to get.

Well, we all get older .... but the money does not garantee the amount of albinistic plants you are going to get.

Therefore is a question: how can I recognize albinistic plants without bloom ?. It is a fact that the question has not been answered and you can not answers this question too.
" Wir sind am Ende der Latein "

Dear SIR DR. Berthold,

thank you very much , that is your satire :pity:

Dear SIR DR. Berthold,

I beg you, correct writing the name the scientist : Dr. BRAEM , Dr. ECCARIUS please. We are in international forum. We talk to each other , not: " Je ne suis pas là pour être aimé "
Hakone, your sarcasm is not very useful (and you are not good at it either) ... maybe we are not here "pour être aimé " but it does not help trying to aggravate people.
You asked a question and I think I answered it quite detailed and to the best of my knowledge ... just leave it at that.

Most intriguing that there are posts that appear and then vanish!? ex. the following one:

==>
Originally Posted by Hakone
Dear SIR DR. Berthold,

I beg you, correct writing the name the scientist : Dr. BRAEM , Dr. ECCARIUS please. We are in international forum. We talk to each other , not: " Je ne suis pas là pour être aimé "
==>

==> could be translated (with nuances) to: I am not here (there) for being loved ( agreed with)

I really like to read all of you doctors, but please, remain as flat and objective as possible, without too much excitement :)!!!

thanks

Jean

I really like to read all of you doctors, but please, remain as flat and objective as possible, without too much excitement :)!!!

thanks

Jean

Jean I am ashamed not only of Sir to Guttenberg but also of Hakone.

Jean I am ashamed not only of Sir to Guttenberg but also of Hakone.

" Je ne suis pas là pour être aimé ", ( I'm Not Here to be Loved) .Stéphane Brizé, 2005

Last edited:
Dear Sir Berthold,

please tell me, who is Mr. Beam :confused:
If someone wants to get upset because someone else writes my name wrong, he is free to do so. I do not get upset because of typos (not least because I make many typos myself), and to tell you the truth, I did not even notice that Berthold erroneously misspelled my name. So lets stick to the facts and discuss interesting things.

Latest posts

Back