paphiopedilum canhii album ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who says ... wait until you see the flower ... then you can talk album or not ...

Dear Sir Braem,

I wrote: paphiopedilum canhii album with question marks.

Yes, but I personally got the feeling that you had already made up your mind about it. Seems I was not the only one to think so. A more cautious wording would have been appropriate like: ''The absence of anthocyanin pigments makes me think it could be an album.''
That said, I envy you for having one of these and do hope it will turn up album in the end. Good Luck.;)

Oh, ease up guys, :) you gotta admit it's intriguing. He did use a ?. If that was pix of a delenatii, no one would question it's fma. albinum.

Never underestimate the power of ?. All tabloids live by it. Millions of people have seen their reputation destroyed by it. ? is the domain of the conspiracy theorists. ? must be used with utmost care and only as the punctuation end to a properly worded question. :evil:

Shiva you read too many tabloids!:rollhappy: I agree Ernie But the two of us have been a round long enough to know how "short worded" Hakone is! I knew exactly what he meant.

Dear Sir Braem,

I wrote: paphiopedilum canhii album with question marks.
Yes you did! .... But I agree with Shiva that your posting gave the impression that you already had made up your mind on this. If it turns out to be an albino I will be happy for you ... but we will have to wait and see, and I hope you post the pictures as soon as the plant flowers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiva you read too many tabloids!:rollhappy: I agree Ernie But the two of us have been a round long enough to know how "short worded" Hakone is! I knew exactly what he meant.

Actually, I never read tabloïds. But having worked in journalism in newspapers, radio and television for all of my professional life, I've learned a good deal about the industry. Most people don't fully realize how much words can be powerful. ''We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.'' I couldn't think of a better example. Those words changed the world. You could say I have a ''thing'' for good writing! :)

Latest posts

Back