paphiopedilum canhii album ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....I agree Ernie But the two of us have been a round long enough to know how "short worded" Hakone is! ....
...and how impatient (won't use other words) !!!
Nobody but Hakone shows so many pics of plants without flowers and in the end - seriously Hakone - can you be sure that this plant is really canhii without any bloom???

...and how impatient (won't use other words) !!!
Nobody but Hakone shows so many pics of plants without flowers and in the end - seriously Hakone - can you be sure that this plant is really canhii without any bloom???

Dear Sir Braem,

What do you mean? canhii or not canhii ?

Dear Sir Braem,

First of all, I can't remember having been knighted (which of course is a mistake on the part of the British Government)

To your question ... I have always refused to "identify" a Paphiopedilum when it was not in flower ... and I will keep it that way.

I understand your question based on the lack of pigment on the underside of the leaves but I dont know enough about the plant to guess. Good Luck. :)

Dear Sir Braem,

......To your question ... I have always refused to "identify" a Paphiopedilum when it was not in flower ... and I will keep it that way.

Sir Braem,
your answer is very diplomacy.
No - this answer isn't diplomatic - it's the only way a serious scientist/taxonomist should work like. He wants to know not believe (inside a church you can believe of anything you want)
Hakone - keep this plant growing, flower it and show us pics of its flower. Then we will be able to clarify both, whether it is canhii and album.
Before that don't nerve us with such useless threads !!:poke:

there is two plants. One plant is flowered:D

GuRu ,

please concentrate

I like to see plant shots of these intriguing things. Reading the recent threads about this species getting collected out, some of us might think ever growing a canhii is unlikely. Now, maybe, just maybe, there is an albino form. NEAT. Who knows, maybe the plant doesn't make it until next spring (keep it happy Hakone!). Still makes me warm and fuzzy to think, even without conclusive evidence, it could be a canhii album. Even if you don't win the lottery, it's sometimes still fun to get a number or two right. :)

I do agree that a flower is needed to ID though. I'm not saying it IS albino, just excited at the possibility.

baodai,

can you tell me please , is the plant look like canhii.

Hakone did you buy this plant on Ebay? I was under the impression that you live somewere in western Europe and as far as I know there haven't been any nurseries offering this species.

No pun intended btw.

I understand your question based on the lack of pigment on the underside of the leaves but I dont know enough about the plant to guess. Good Luck. :)
The lack of pigment on the underside of the leaves MAY be regarded as an indication that the plant MAY POSSIBLY lack pigments. However, this does not indicate to what extent the pigments would be lacking in the flower, and therefore saying anything more definite about the plant being a possible albino is pure guesswork.

Hello Marc,

the plant grows in Da Lat

Guru,
The bloom was dried but sees as canhii

Dear Sir Braem,

I did not say, which albino is, possible albino or possible semi albino

Plants witht the lack of pigment on the underside of the leaves: delenatii, vietnamense , philippinense, helenae, lowii, (micranthum) , (malipoense jackii) ,concolor, haynaldianum , charlesworthii, fairrieanum, villosum, hirsutissimum, appletonianum, sukhakulii, x wardii , callosum , javanicum, flowers albino

Dear Braem,

Have you seen plants ( paphiopedilum ) with pigment on the underside of the leaves flowers albino ?

Dear Sir Braem,

I did not say, which albino is, possible albino or possible semi albino

Plants witht the lack of pigment on the underside of the leaves: delenatii, vietnamense , philippinense, helenae, lowii, (micranthum) , (malipoense jackii) ,concolor, haynaldianum , charlesworthii, fairrieanum, villosum, hirsutissimum, appletonianum, sukhakulii, x wardii , callosum , javanicum, flowers albino
yes, I know a lot of students that are intelligent ... but that does not mean they all are ...

yes, I know a lot of students that are intelligent ... but that does not mean they all are ...

"L'homme n'est qu'un roseau, le plus faible de la nature; mais c'est un roseau pensant. Il ne faut pas que l'univers entier s'arme pour l'écraser: une vapeur, une goutte d'eau, suffit pour le tuer. Mais quand l'univers l'écraserait, l'homme serait encore plus noble que ce qui le tue, puisqu'il sait qu'il meurt, et l'avantage que l'univers a sur lui; l'univers n'en sait rien. Toute notre dignité consiste donc en la pensée." Blaise Pascal

"L'homme n'est qu'un roseau, le plus faible de la nature; mais c'est un roseau pensant. Il ne faut pas que l'univers entier s'arme pour l'écraser: une vapeur, une goutte d'eau, suffit pour le tuer. Mais quand l'univers l'écraserait, l'homme serait encore plus noble que ce qui le tue, puisqu'il sait qu'il meurt, et l'avantage que l'univers a sur lui; l'univers n'en sait rien. Toute notre dignité consiste donc en la pensée." Blaise Pascal

Coutesy, Google Translate:
"Man is but a reed, the weakest of nature, but it is a thinking reed. It is not necessary that the entire universe arm itself to crush: a vapor, a drop of water, enough to kill him. But when the universe to crush him, man would still be more noble than that which killed him, since he knows that he dies and the advantage that the universe has over him ; the universe knows nothing. All our dignity consists then in thought. " Blaise Pascal

Latest posts

Back