Paph. Wossner Zwerg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petro

Reaction score
I got this little guy from Ross exactly one year ago. It's quite a vigorous plant—already has five growths—and the flowers are wonderful. I'm really looking forward to growing it into a nice little specimen plant.

7883599444_ab2fd8ac27_c.jpg

May i ask if one of the parents of this plants specifically the barbigerum have the clonal name 'war eagle'?

May i ask if one of the parents of this plants specifically the barbigerum have the clonal name 'war eagle'?

I hope Peter doesn't mind me crashing the thread, but I thought that I could answer the question.

No, I used barbigerum 'G' for this cross. It's currently in bloom with four flowers just opening. Here's a picture of an earlier bloom. I believe Rick inTexas also has a piece of this plant.

PaphbarbigerumG-3.jpg

I had barbigerum fma. aureum 'War Eagle', but it wasn't growing well enough to hold a pod and its progeny were still just seedlings. The helenae pollen used came from a helenae sold to me by Antec. While I have never verified the facts directly from Bob or Lynn, I remember hearing that they had legally selfed a "rescued" plant growing at the U.S. Botanical Garden, just like the vietnamense they had offered flasks of a few years earlier. They had already stopped selling off their website, but had posted the helenae for sale on EBay. I was lucky enough to win the bid.

Thanks for weighing in, Ross! And that's a very nice looking barbigerum you've got there.

Also, thanks to everyone else for your kind remarks! I really do love these minis.

I hope Peter doesn't mind me crashing the thread, but I thought that I could answer the question.

No, I used barbigerum 'G' for this cross. It's currently in bloom with four flowers just opening. Here's a picture of an earlier bloom. I believe Rick inTexas also has a piece of this plant.

PaphbarbigerumG-3.jpg

I had barbigerum fma. aureum 'War Eagle', but it wasn't growing well enough to hold a pod and its progeny were still just seedlings. The helenae pollen used came from a helenae sold to me by Antec. While I have never verified the facts directly from Bob or Lynn, I remember hearing that they had legally selfed a "rescued" plant growing at the U.S. Botanical Garden, just like the vietnamense they had offered flasks of a few years earlier. They had already stopped selling off their website, but had posted the helenae for sale on EBay. I was lucky enough to win the bid.

Thanks Ross. Barbigerum is probably the most vigorous species I have ever seen. I have a barbigerum x barbigerum aureum 'war eagle' that is currently in sheath. I am planning to self it to hopefully get an albino. It's currently a 4 growth plant with 5 starts.

Thanks Ross. Barbigerum is probably the most vigorous species I have ever seen. I have a barbigerum x barbigerum aureum 'war eagle' that is currently in sheath. I am planning to self it to hopefully get an albino. It's currently a 4 growth plant with 5 starts.

Your plant may be from my original AQ cross as I sold flasks to several other growers.

Love that name...Wossner Zerg....sounds like something out of Futurama.....

Latest posts

Back