Paph White Promise (Egret's Jewel 'White Syn' x Oriental Jewel 'Pistachio')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

merc

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hi! Yes, I would have to say it grows really well. The plant arrived BS with a spent bloom stem, it grew a new set of leaves and cranked out a bloom for me. It's working on a new set of leaves now which will hopefully result in another bloom in the near future.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful color combo! The white blonde lip pouch against the green stripes.

FYI: This cross revolutionized the ‘Platinum’ type of Maudiaes. A solid white blonde version was awarded an AM and an AD for new direction of breeding. All parts of that flower was like this lip/pouch of this flower. Like a ghost!

Unfortunately all of mine were like green Maudiaes... waiting for a blonde to show up as I have a few.

Silverwhisp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!

Merc, it looks like they’re sitting in water. Can you please explain your method? E.g., do they get a break from the water tray at all?

merc

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!
Merc, it looks like they’re sitting in water. Can you please explain your method? E.g., do they get a break from the water tray at all?
Oh no! Def a misleading picture. I had just watered them. I water until bark (Orchiata) is soaked and can be seen through translucent pot, then allow excess to drain and dump out extra collected in saucer. I must have stopped in the middle of watering routine to take a pic. Don't let your paphs sit in water! They'll rot.

Noodles4

Reaction score
Oh no! Def a misleading picture. I had just watered them. I water until bark (Orchiata) is soaked and can be seen through translucent pot, then allow excess to drain and dump out extra collected in saucer. I must have stopped in the middle of watering routine to take a pic. Don't let your paphs sit in water! They'll rot.
Ahh ----- Ray Rands Pot's---- Ever met him in L.A.?

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
On the first sight...I'm not really a fan of this flower, maybe I need more time to become friend with its colouratio. At any rate it is an extraordinary one.