Paph White Promise (Egret's Jewel 'White Syn' x Oriental Jewel 'Pistachio')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fun find from lehuaorchids.com!

june 2019:
tumblr_psw5sweiHD1qmmoqo_1280.jpg

tumblr_psfcvmmvHz1qmmoqo_1280.jpg

april 2019:
tumblr_ppk12uZt111qmmoqo_1280.jpg

tumblr_ppbmjdgreJ1qmmoqo_1280.jpg

Hi! Yes, I would have to say it grows really well. The plant arrived BS with a spent bloom stem, it grew a new set of leaves and cranked out a bloom for me. It's working on a new set of leaves now which will hopefully result in another bloom in the near future.

Beautiful color combo! The white blonde lip pouch against the green stripes.

FYI: This cross revolutionized the ‘Platinum’ type of Maudiaes. A solid white blonde version was awarded an AM and an AD for new direction of breeding. All parts of that flower was like this lip/pouch of this flower. Like a ghost!

Unfortunately all of mine were like green Maudiaes... waiting for a blonde to show up as I have a few.

Nice!
Merc, it looks like they’re sitting in water. Can you please explain your method? E.g., do they get a break from the water tray at all?
Oh no! Def a misleading picture. I had just watered them. I water until bark (Orchiata) is soaked and can be seen through translucent pot, then allow excess to drain and dump out extra collected in saucer. I must have stopped in the middle of watering routine to take a pic. Don't let your paphs sit in water! They'll rot.

Oh no! Def a misleading picture. I had just watered them. I water until bark (Orchiata) is soaked and can be seen through translucent pot, then allow excess to drain and dump out extra collected in saucer. I must have stopped in the middle of watering routine to take a pic. Don't let your paphs sit in water! They'll rot.
Ahh ----- Ray Rands Pot's---- Ever met him in L.A.?

On the first sight...I'm not really a fan of this flower, maybe I need more time to become friend with its colouratio. At any rate it is an extraordinary one.

Back