Paph. wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Didn't get the shape of both parents but a reliable bloomer. Blooms 2-4 times a year. It is a gift from a friend and fellow STer.

0tEwSl.jpg

That's pretty crazy to get 4 separate blooms over the coarse of a year for these guys:clap:

Do you have pics of the parents to compare too?

These look pretty awesome.

That's pretty crazy to get 4 separate blooms over the coarse of a year for these guys:clap:

Do you have pics of the parents to compare too?

These look pretty awesome.

Hi Rick, well both parents have AM so I presume that their dorsal is tilt upwards a bit. This however is an umbrella. Parents are AWOO and Magnifico both AM/AOS I think. Wayne got it as a flask some years ago from OI. Pictures are from OI website.

wardii-AWOO-AM.jpg

wardii-Magnifico-AM.jpg

Very nice! They don't appear That hooded, and if it blooms that often, I don't think you could complain much even if the dorsal came out backward ;)

Nice one! Thanks for sharing it with us... All of my Paph. wardii blasted this year :(

Thank you guys. This one actually blasted prior to this blooming when I posted it in Mutant's jinx thread.

I dont mind this kind of wardii but I prefer the wardii with the lateral petals. Same as what Robin posted a few months ago.

Very nice eggshells. Have you though of selfing it or crossing with another dark one? (ther will be HIGH demand)!!

Back