Paph. venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they're just hung-over! :poke:
Dang. I've got two other venustums I bought a year ago that have the same number of leaves as my in-bloom plant but they haven't bloomed yet. Maybe soon. Assuming I haven't killed them with the rubbing alcohol I used on them to get the damn mealie bugs. :sob:

Beautiful flower!

:clap::drool::clap: It's hard to resist this species when they put/pull those touches of color! I just got an attratum 'Lake Head' AM/AOS x sib from Tom.

A little history on the venustum 'Lake Head' cultivar. The plant was originally named by Ray Raabe from Duluth, Minnesota. Jerry Fischer got a division from Ray a few years ago and grew the plant to a point where it was awarded an AM at the St Paul Winter Carnival show in 2007. The plant was commended for its unusual pouch color. It's good to see that Tom also has a division of this beautiful and unusual cultivar. Here's a link with a picture of the 'Lake Head' cultivar.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2563&highlight=venustum

Seems like an odd time of year for venustum to be blooming.

Yours and Jorsh's are very pretty.

According to the culture sheet I have peak blooming is Dec and Jan with Feb and March following in frequency. Mine bloomed a little earlier than this last year but this year it is still a week or so froming opening.

venustum is one of my favorites and yours is a very nice one.

Latest posts

Back