Paph tranlien!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paphioboy,
My goal is to see 25-30 tranlien flower in the same pot. Sorry, Can't spare any fromt that pot.
BD

Averyanovs book shows these guys typically growing floppy on vertical cliff faces with just a few leaves per growth. So these guys look pretty normal.

I think they are very cool flowers.:clap::clap:

I really had not paid much attention to this species before but I am putting them on the list.

I really had not paid much attention to this species before but I am putting them on the list.

A few peoples did not like tranlienianum, I think because they only glance at the flowers quickly.
For slippers, I like them with real pouch, so I prefer parvies the most, but beyond them, tranlienianum has a really nice clear cut pouch construction also, more so than those species with barely fold back lip pouches.

baodai,

Is tranlien related to spicerianum? It has the white recurved dorsal with a single maroon line running vertically. It has the wavy petals. The staminode is obviously different but it just looks like it could be related to spicerianum.

baodai,

Is tranlien related to spicerianum? It has the white recurved dorsal with a single maroon line running vertically. It has the wavy petals. The staminode is obviously different but it just looks like it could be related to spicerianum.

It's closer to the barbigerum/insigne alliance. The staminode is the better characteristic to compare too for this purpose than the petals and sepals since the staminode is the more conservative structure that guides pollinator preferences.

Latest posts

Back