Paph. sugiyamanum advice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZWUM

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got one and was wondering it anyone has any cultural advice. I'm not very experienced in paphs, I grow mainly bulbos, and I would greatly appreciate any tips or recommendations. It's a bare root plant, what's the best media to use? TIA!

-Zach

Hi, most paphs do fine in orchid bark, a little horticultural charcoal, and diatomite for moisture retention. Let's see it when it's potted u-p.

Thanks Eric, Ill post pics as soon as I can. Potting that and a nivieum are on top of the todo list with the other 150 plants we picked up at the SEPOS Show, there's a lot of work to do lol.

Eric are you a judge or a student judge? If so then I believe I was in your group at last years show at longwood.

Hi thanks for the welcome. I live in PA about an hour outside of Philadelphia.
I had placed a few preorders and did quite a bit of shopping lol!

Eric are you a judge or a student judge? If so then I believe I was in your group at last years show at longwood.

Hahah! I'm not either. I am in that weird group of people who have been working at Shows for years but have not been voted on at an AOS business meeting yet. last year they determined that I would have to clerk for a year. However, I have been in with judging in at least 20 shows so...

Potting that and a nivieum are on top of the todo list with the other 150 plants we picked up at the SEPOS Show, there's a lot of work to do lol..

Lotta work:p
Let me know how the water bottle idea works out.

Paph. sugiyamanum advice Reply to Thread

If we didn't all get plenty to keep us all busy for a while at SEPOS, Delaware OS is having their auction tomorrow. I can't help it I'll be there. I tried to get a Paph. sugiyamanum but a friend from DOS had just bought the last one. Did get a lot of flasks so that's the Sunday project.

Latest posts

Back