Paph. Shun-Fa Golden........seeing double!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great blooming in this wonderful primary hybrid… well done!

Kudos to hangianum hybrids!!
Thank you for the nice comments! I was thinking of taking it to monthly judging next week but was unsure because of the upturned pouch on the first flower, likely due to the second flower pushing up against it when it was in bud. Who cares. I think I'll take it anyway and let the judges scratch their heads a little, lol.

Thank you for the nice comments! I was thinking of taking it to monthly judging next week but was unsure because of the upturned pouch on the first flower, likely due to the second flower pushing up against it when it was in bud. Who cares. I think I'll take it anyway and let the judges scratch their heads a little, lol.
Please take it in with pride! No matter what happens, it’s impressive.

Shun-fa Golden is a great cross. I have a number of plants. A double-flowered spike is a real bonus.

Clearly it is happy, well grown plant. The blooms are wonderful. Although it does not need support, could you use a stake with a bit a wire attached to the top like a hook in order to provide some spacing between the flowers?

Clearly it is happy, well grown plant. The blooms are wonderful. Although it does not need support, could you use a stake with a bit a wire attached to the top like a hook in order to provide some spacing between the flowers?
I could try doing something like that although I'd be afraid of damaging the flowers at this point. I probably should have done that while they were in bud. Good suggestion and I'll keep it in mind it it decides to do a double bloom again in the future.

So, an update after the monthly judging session today. I got a bit excited when the judges took it outside to have a better look in the daylight. But when they came back in they put it back on the display table so that was that. As an interesting sidenote though I took my Paph. myanmaricum along just to see what the judges' reaction would be (knowing already that there was nothing on this species in Orchid Pro). Much to my great surprise and delight it came away with a CHM of 82 points. When in doubt, take your plant anyway!

Latest posts

Back