Paph. Sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jeremyinsf

I bought this plant last year and was told they could bloom small. I didn't really believe it. So I figured it would sit around and never bloom, and if it did, it would just be a pleasant surprise.

Last week, when someone was asking me a question about it, I looked inside, and got a surprise.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Attachments

• sander1.jpg
    sander1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 117
  • sander2.jpg
    sander2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 123
That is amazing Jeremy. That plant is tiny. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. It seems to be flowering prematurely. Look forward to seeing the final result.

Good job, man! I've been eyeing a sander seedling for awhile now. Maybe now is the time I should pick it up, just in case it's an early bloomer like yours.

I'm a bit concerned it's a swan song bloom, but not much I can do at this point. It's grown since I discovered it last week - that second picture is from today - I will update as it progresses. There is a nub leftover from the last growth and I was told it bloomed small last time. So, we will see.

I wouldn't think it's blooming prematurely. The leaves are short but "chunky". I think you may have a miniature one.

It's seems to be from leaf to leaf 24cm so maybe every leaf should be approximately 12cm.why do you say 3.52cm? or I have misunderstood .
congrats and I pray for you.
Anna

I'm referring to the width, not the length. Orchidboy was saying the leaves are chunky, so I was saying how chunky they are!

They were moderate when I got the plant over the summer. I've been feeding K-Lite regularly and giving it seaweed (once a month) since.

Hopefully, its a sander..:evil:
Excellent, following how things go with you I may get one if I can get from the same source/flask... :)
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back