Paph sanderianum 'Red Baroness'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your orchid society meeting was in a room with artificial light, I have found sometime fluorescent light, and especially some of the new CFL lights shift the colors off, I have had several plants that just 'popped' under natural sunlight look rather drab at the meeting when I wanted to brag, your fellow society memebers may not be complete barbarians. (by the way, if John Stubbings of Clown Alley Orchids is one of your club members, tell him to join ST, he knows much more about Paphs that he admits :evil:, tell him I said hello)

Hi Rick

That is surely a fine sanderianum you have:)

Here is my specimen of "the holy gral of orchids"

sanderianum.jpg

It has a leafspan at 43 centimeters.

Anyone whith a guess at how long to first flowering ?

Greetings from Denmark
Lars

Lars, you probably have about a year or two to see a bloom, under good conditions. It should speed up from there.....

Rick, your sanderianum is simply amazing. I hope you get the CHD x sand cross to work!!!

David

Oh so close Lars! David is right in that another year +/- Mine is 22 inches which is about 56cm.
Beautiful plant Lars

If your orchid society meeting was in a room with artificial light, I have found sometime fluorescent light, and especially some of the new CFL lights shift the colors off, I have had several plants that just 'popped' under natural sunlight look rather drab at the meeting when I wanted to brag, your fellow society memebers may not be complete barbarians. (by the way, if John Stubbings of Clown Alley Orchids is one of your club members, tell him to join ST, he knows much more about Paphs that he admits :evil:, tell him I said hello)

John is here and he just shot down my Wossner Kolorand as having NO WOW appeal. When he and Jerry Stephens found out the cross had never been awarded, they had nothing to compare with other then parent PICs. They had no clue about the rarity of this cross due to the rarity of the randsii parent. Oh well, luck of the draw wrong judging team got it.

Lars, do you have parent names of your sanderianum or does the tag just say "x sib?"

This is my small sanderianum seedling, about 8" ls. The parents are 'Twister' x 'Henry'. I repotted it about 3 months ago into CHC and it is looking really good. Only about 3 years to go!!! :rollhappy:

David

Attachments

• New Orchids 1-21 019.JPG
    New Orchids 1-21 019.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi

It is my first sandrianum, so I look forward to the first blooms.

No I dont have clone names from the parents.

Rick do you have any close up pictures ?

:)
Lars

Latest posts

Back