Paph. sanderianum 'Crystelle'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1327.jpg

Very dark coloration. Just beautiful:drool:

I suspect that we'll start to see a lot more selective bred sandies, like roths, in the near future.

No doubt it is a wonderful plant! But I am also suspect to it being 100 percent sanderianum. There is alot of little things that don't look correct. Like the dorsal coloration, the way it stands straight up, and I cannot tell by the picture if it has the break in the center line of the dorsal. Also the petals look more like something you would get from PEOY x sand or Mk x sand. Maybe it is true, I don't know. Just not like anyone I have seen before.

I have seen old paintings of sanderianum with flat sepals but those were paintings , and sanderianum can bloom out petals exactly like that..the plant needs more light on it for the picture and perhaps a different background..black does not work for it

I have seen old paintings of sanderianum with flat sepals but those were paintings , and sanderianum can bloom out petals exactly like that..the plant needs more light on it for the picture and perhaps a different background..black does not work for it
I disagree. Send it to me and I'll show you that black will work very well. I do agree it needs more light/better exposure. It's a beautiful plant, whether totally sandie or not, I don't know.

I disagree. Send it to me and I'll show you that black will work very well. I do agree it needs more light/better exposure. It's a beautiful plant, whether totally sandie or not, I don't know.

It would need several light sources.. The petals get lost in the background currently . But if you only have one light source black is not the way to go... I have no doubt you could make black work

I don't understand all the discussion going on about this plant. It's clearly a very good PEOY; definitely NOT pure sanderianum. The staminode and the petal stance and shape are bang on for PEOY. Considering the clonal name, I wonder if this was out of one of the first flasks sold by the Orchid Zone back in the early 90's that was mislabelled as sanderianum; but, turned out to be PEOY. No doubt, the Orchid Zone had the very best roth to use, which likely accounts for the excellent colour of this offspring. It'd be nice if Frank Smith could chime in here and confirm this.

I don't understand all the discussion going on about this plant. It's clearly a very good PEOY; definitely NOT pure sanderianum. The staminode and the petal stance and shape are bang on for PEOY. Considering the clonal name, I wonder if this was out of one of the first flasks sold by the Orchid Zone back in the early 90's that was mislabelled as sanderianum; but, turned out to be PEOY. No doubt, the Orchid Zone had the very best roth to use, which likely accounts for the excellent colour of this offspring. It'd be nice if Frank Smith could chime in here and confirm this.

John

Lienluu has a PEOY Crystelle FCC. I saw a posting of it on another forum. It didn't look like this plant to me. But maybe its a backcross to a PEOY.

I don't see how anyone can be sure from this picture. The only way would be to see it live (and that could be doubtful)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back