Quantcast

Paph. Salvador Dali

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Paphluvr

Reaction score
I finally had to remove the spike from two seasons ago that finally stopped blooming, so now it's back to just two again. Too bad because there were still brachs for the buds to form at the end of the spike. This is from this seasons spike. I don't remember it carrying three flowers at one time before.

image.jpeg

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Well bloomed with very nice colours. It is indeed rare for them to keep more than 2 flowers, but when it does it is impressive looking.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Paph. Salvador Dali = Paph. liemianum x Paph. chamberlainianum
I like these flowers very much but on the other hand (in my eyes) this is a cross which can cause a lot of confusion. If you had the photo titled Paph. chamberlainianum, I think (and perhaps a lot of other subscribers here) I would have accepted it.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
Paph. Salvador Dali = Paph. liemianum x Paph. chamberlainianum
I like these flowers very much but on the other hand (in my eyes) this is a cross which can cause a lot of confusion. If you had the photo titled Paph. chamberlainianum, I think (and perhaps a lot of other subscribers here) I would have accepted it.
I'm totally in agreement with you. This is a cross that should never have been made, it just muddied up the identification of the Cochlopetalum section species.

Latest posts