Paph rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
First bloom seedling from Orchid Zone--i have grown out a flat of these from very small seedlings 9 years ago.

Cross is 'Red Baron' x 'Chester Hill'. The CH side actually is crossed with Rex I believe, which appears dominant in this flower I think.

Very nice form and dark colored clone with decent size. NS 23 DW 5 PW 1.5. I have another one of these opening now as well.

I'm so confused....I thought they were summer bloomers.

Anyway awesome job raising them from babies!

I believe roth bloom in late spring into summer in the wild.
However, species take natural cues to know the season, so under cultivation blooming period can be somewhat or very different.

I believe roth bloom in late spring into summer in the wild.
However, species take natural cues to know the season, so under cultivation blooming period can be somewhat or very different.

I agree its pretty early to see roths this time of year. My plant was super weird for blooming in December. Normally they start showing up in Spring shows around March/April/May, and by July they taper off pretty fast.

Consett--The HPS was on so the leaves look more yellow. I do grow my mature plants in high light though.

Tnyr the plant is not huge. Maybe 65 cm ls. Has a lot of growing to do still.

Latest posts

Back