Paph rothschildianum 'Chester Hills' x 'Red Baron'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Second blooming for this plant. It is one of the better ones from this cross I have bloomed. NS is only 25 cm, but it is a really nice flower with good color and form.

Attachments

• roth Chester Hills x Red Baron no.1 2021 - Copy.jpg
    roth Chester Hills x Red Baron no.1 2021 - Copy.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 113
i think it only had two the first time.

Nothing special in terms of metrics, but I am happy with it :)

Lovely petal stance and a nice clean dorsal! It’s the most wonderful time of the year (roth season)!

The first bloom was probably at least four or more years ago. It is a small plant still.

I grew out a half flask many years ago. I think I have bloomed out maybe a half dozen or so of this cross, with a few having bloomed twice now. This cross is nice and I have had a couple keepers, but generally they have not been at the high standard of current breeding. Most are more "classic" style roths. The better ones (like this clone) show a lot of 'Rex' in the dorsal, as from what I understand the "Chester Hills" parent was actually CH x Rex.

I have a couple select plants of OZ breeding with a couple of the other crosses that they made, which I got when the nursery was still in business. The select ones from the different crosses are actually pretty mindblowing.

Latest posts

Back