Paph. roth (‘Black Bird’ x ‘Mont Millais’ FCC/AOS FCC/RHS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tornado today and 50-60 mph straight line winds. Came home today with no damage and decided to try to take some pics. This Roth has 4 flowers on a first bloom. 4th is a little cramped, still opening though.
NS. 23 cm.
Dorsal 5.5

Attachments

• 80FF1BF5-BEC3-410C-BC7B-B0B8271A06C1.jpeg
    80FF1BF5-BEC3-410C-BC7B-B0B8271A06C1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • EC7C1F48-6DC4-452E-8E98-C8ACC98171C0.jpeg
    EC7C1F48-6DC4-452E-8E98-C8ACC98171C0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
4 on a first bloom is great, and the first three present beautifully! Love the pouch color, that red really pops!

Same here but I think it is on par with the Raptor cross. I love the clear, dark stripes on the dorsal and saturated pouch.

4 flowers would make me flower it again
Agreed!
Same here but I think it is on par with the Raptor cross. I love the clear, dark stripes on the dorsal and saturated pouch.
Nice. Second best for me.
This is my favorite of the four.
So...if I'm wanting to play around with pollinating, and trying to get a flask or two to grow out would you pick the ('Black Bird' x 'Mont Millais') x ('World Cup' x 'Raptor')??

Thanks GuRu!
How do you look up the parents of a certain plant like ‘World Cup’ ‘Raptor’ or ‘Tarantula’???

Those are all Japanese awards, so it's difficult to find them as an English speaker. I'm sure JOGA has an online database like OrchidPro but I couldn't begin to navigate it.

That red color of the pouch is just to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bloomed a roth that has a really dark pouch and I love it, however if I had that red I think it may be the perfect roth in my opinion. Mind you I have only bloomed out 2 of them and I'm not an expert on what they are supposed to look like. I really wish they could breed out the natural white in the pouch and have a solid color.

you have MM and Raptor?
Sorry, I guess that was a bit misleading.
I posted pics of Black Bird x Mount Millais and another cross Raptor was in.
My Green Pets posted cross them all and make them available to everyone. So, I cross pollinated and was going to send the pods to Troy Meyers Conservatory…If successful.

Back