paph Rolfei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had this for 3 or 4 years and it's always been a good grower, but never had bloomed. I moved it to a sunny location in the greenhouse in January where it got at least 4000 foot candles of light all morning and the night time temps dropped into the low 50s. I also kept it a little on the dry side. I just could not believe that the plant could take that much light and in May, with the first sign of a yellow lower leaf, I moved it to a less hostile location and started watering more frequently. The bud emerged a few weeks later. There are four mature growths and there might be another bud in one of the other crowns running about two weeks behind the first.

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

Oooooh!
Sounds like a real winner! Excited :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Dido

Mine was in bright light from winter until spring and it was cool at night and dry. There are three variables here, in addition to increasing day length period, and I don't really know which one or which combination did the trick. I'm not sure you will be able to reproduce those same conditions in the summer. I had just moved my plant to a more sheltered location because the heat and light were getting to be too much. Proceed with caution. I hate to see you damage your plant. That said, it is amazing how much light these guys can take with no ill effects. mike

Will start with my micranthum summer rest
Thnaks for your help.
I have 2 which did not flower.

Well, here it is. The first flower has been open for four days. It has good size and surprising substance. I would have preferred more color saturation, but that might be related to the high greenhouse temps of the last month. The background is light cream/green. The plant is growing in a 6 inch pot with small bark and perlite.
IMG_4340-1.jpg

WOW. That looks wonderful. Love the contrasting pouch colour and the size looks big. I look forward to seeing a photo of it properly opened.

Back