Paph Robert Weltz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to cut and paste the 'forum link' from image shack to your post in this forum. If you struggle, I will be glad to assist you. (I was looking forward to the picture, what does SB x micranthum look like?)

Place cursor over the picture, press shift+left click. That will bring up the 'Edit' attatchment. Click on the 'chain link' icon. Select 'Forum link', select size (medium 680x800 or 800x1200 approx.). Press 'Contol'-'C'
Switch to Slipper talk, go to post, press 'Cntrl' V, and hey presto, you should have the pic linked.

Not what I would have hoped for from the cross. I would have hoped for more compact petals, with perhaps a blush or at least veining in the petals and dorsal, with a less elongated pouch. Odd how little influence micranthum has had on the outcome, and not the best features of SB IMO :(

This first photo of P. Robert Weltz is like one of the better clones we have at The Huntington and I have recently tossed out over a dozen of them with pinched sepals, paler colors and small size because they simply did not measure-up to Bob Weltz' standards.

Bob Weltz liked P. Skip Bartlett, trying to get clearer whites, larger sizes and good round shapes but he seldom got just what he wanted. That is not to say he did not produce some splendid hybrids using that hybrid.

It is highly doubtful to me that the plant carrying the darker flowers presented by Tam is properly tagged.

Latest posts

Back